INVITATION FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The Georgia State
Financing & Investment Commission seeks professional services for the
development of a predesign study for the renovation of three floors of the
office building located at
As currently envisioned, the renovations will include demolition and abatement of the existing spaces, renovation of the spaces to include both fixed wall and open office furniture, upgrading/replacement of the major heating, plumbing, mechanical, and air conditioning, as well as other systems, modernization of the elevators and replacement of the roof.† Portions of the building will remain occupied throughout the construction phase.† The total project square footage and construction cost are currently believed to be in the range of 60,000 s. f. and $7,500,000, respectively.
The Commission will select the predesign professional for this project as provided in Chapter 22 of Title 50 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, in particular O.C.G.A. Section 50-22-6.† Factors deemed significant in the selection of a qualified professional consultant include:
1. Prior experience of the responding consultant in successfully completing similar projects.
2. Prior experience of the responding consultant with successfully completed previous State projects.
3. Prior experience of the responding consultantís proposed subconsultants with successfully completed similar projects.
4. Prior knowledge of local conditions or special conditions possessed by the responding consultant and / or its subconsultant(s).
5. Relevant individual experience of the responding consultantís proposed Project Principal and Project Manager.
6. Relevant individual experience of the responding consultantís proposed subconsultant Principals and Discipline Leaders.
7. Program for encouragement of minority business participation.
8. Quality of responses from consultant references on closely related projects.
9. Location of consultantís proposed project office.
10. Demonstrated capacity of the responding consultant to accomplish the study within the desired schedule.
11. Quality of response in relation to requested submittal information.
Firms having capabilities and experience for this study are invited to submit the following items (six stapled copies / no bindings) by 4:30 p.m. on June 17, 2002 to Mrs. Angela Gunter, Suite 1002, West Tower, Floyd Building, 2 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30334:
1. Summary letter (not to exceed four pages) addressing the significant selection factors published above (excluding information provided in the accompanying SF254s and Reference List described below).
2. Standard Form 254s (not more than one year old) for the responding consultant and its principal subconsultants. (See http://www.gsa.gov/regions/r11/wph/forms/forms.htm for an electronic SF 254.)
3. List of four references from the responding consultantís most closely related projects completed in the last three years on which the consultant served as the prime consultant (including individualsí names, relevant responsibilities, e-mail addresses, fax numbers, and telephone numbers).
Attempts to contact any agency representative in connection with this invitation (other than the individual designated above) or failure to provide fully responsive submittal information may lead to disqualification. This is not a request for a proposal.