ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES FOR
RFQ NUMBER: 04WCRFQ104
RFQ SUBMITTALS MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE: JUNE 9, 2004–
RFQ’S WILL BE PUBLICLY RECOGNIZED:
The Request for Statement of Interest and Qualifications will be reviewed and ranked by County staff and local park professionals. A 20-minute presentation and 10-minute interview in a question and answer format maybe required for those firms/teams that are ranked highest. No oral statement of any person will modify or otherwise change or affect the terms, conditions, plans and/or specifications stated in the Request for Statement of Interest and Qualifications instructions/requirements. The staff will make its recommendation to the Williamson County Commissioner’s Court which will award the contract utilizing the County’s standard form of agreement.
Any questions, clarifications or requests for general information should be directed to:
Jim Rodgers, Director
Williamson County Parks & Recreation Department
Telephone: (512) 260-4263
The selection of the architectural firm/team for
this project will be accomplished through a two-step process by
1. Selection of the most qualified firm/team based upon qualifications following submission of a Statement of Interest & Qualifications and oral interview.
2. Contract negotiations with the firm/team that was selected as the most highly qualified to arrive at a mutually acceptable (fair and reasonable) contract price. If the Contracting Agency is unable to reach such an agreement, negotiations will cease and negotiations will begin with the firm/team chosen as the next most qualified provider and so on until an agreement is reached. Costs will not be discussed prior to the completion of step 1 above.
Firms/teams desiring consideration on the above project will submit a Statement of Interest & Qualifications for this project. The scope of the project will include but not be limited to:
1. The provision of architectural, surveying, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), and structural and civil engineering services for the design of an office, maintenance building and area, caretaker house, parking lots including various site improvements, and related landscape improvements.
2. The provision of coordination for the team of designers/engineers through the process.
3. The provision of architectural and construction drawings and documents. Please note that we have and will use a recent design for the caretaker’s house.
4. Preparation of all bidding documents and necessary functions related to bidding procedure in cooperation with the Williamson County Purchasing Department.
Conformance to the Americans with Disabilities Act and
6. Compliance with state, federal and local regulations related to any design service needed to complete this project.
The scope of services in all of the disciplines listed above will typically follow the process of (1) data collection (2) analysis and system description (3) development of plans (4) communication review with Williamson County (5) statement of probable cost (6) development of bidding and contract documents and (7) construction time schedule and construction.
Interested and qualified firms or teams are invited to submit information that demonstrates their experience in performing projects of this scale and complexity. Documentation should be limited to twelve (12) pages and should include the following information:
1. A brief profile of the firm’s principal and staff to be assigned to this project along with a brief description of experience and expertise offered by each firm/team member. If a team of firms is proposed, the lead firm as well as the lead individual should be identified and the location of the headquarters office of the lead firm should be indicated. We want to know who will do the work.
A certified statement that the firm is registered in the State of
3. A summary demonstrating the firm’s/team’s qualifications and ability to satisfy all areas identified in the section “Scope of Work” and specifically, the firm’s ability to provide anticipated professional services as required to successfully complete this phase of the Southwest Regional Park project.
A representative list of successfully completed projects and current
projects under development managed by firm/team comparable to the buildings
proposed in the
5. Explain in detail how the services will be performed and provide a time line for completing the project identifying major milestones and deadlines.
6. Provide a minimum of three references including name, address and telephone number. Include any additional information not previously included in Sections 1 through 5 that you consider essential in illustrating the firm’s/team’s qualifications.
Firms/teams will be rated and selected based on the following evaluation factors:
I. Personnel (Sections 1 & 2 of Submission Requirements)
10 Professional experience and familiarity of key personnel (to include applicable licensing and registrations) with park buildings and projects.
20 Firm/team responsiveness, availability of personnel, location of headquarters and where all design and production work will be done.
II. Experience (Section 3 & 4 of Submission Requirements)
15 Experience on similar projects.
10 Special capabilities specifically related to this type of project.
III. Project Management (Section 5 & 6 of Submission Requirements)
10 Ability to define project schedule and meet deadlines.
10 Previous client’s opinion of past performance.
IV. Presentation & Interview (Highest ranked firms/teams only)
15 Consideration will be given to firms/teams that have strong qualifications and experience with similar projects. Other factors of consideration are excellent communication skills, compatibility, and the teams overall ability to complete a quality project.
Open format is acceptable but please be succinct and follow the format outlined in the Submission Requirements. Four (4) individually bound copies of the documentation are required (1 original and 3 copies). The response must be marked “original” or “copy”. All responses must be sealed with the Request for Qualification (RFQ) name, number, and recognition date clearly marked on the outside. If an overnight delivery service is used, the RFQ name, number, and recognition date must be clearly marked on the outside of the delivery service envelope.
Submittals must be hand-delivered or mailed to:
Attn: Ginny Atkinson – Purchasing
(3rd) floor -
Williamson County Courthouse (on the square)
firms/teams must submit the required and pertinent information no later than (local time) on